Monday, November 10, 2014

You tried and they denied

So this week we were able to go up to Roundup MT. Because the district leader wanted both of us up there for an exchange and we did mini splits for the day. So we didn't do too much in our own area of Shepherd. One thing that happened while up in roundup was I was tracting with one of the missionaries in Roundup. We saw a guy working on a truck so we asked him if he wanted any help? He asked us if we were Mormons and we replied yes.  " we are the missionaries for the church of Jesus Christ."  and he stopped us mid-sentence and said, "get the *%!$ out of here." So we did as he said and left respectively. Sometimes people can be mean, but you need to remember to be happy because you tried and they denied. Oh wow, im a poet and I didn't even know it? While we were up in Roundup we missed the ward Halloween party but we were able to go back right before they started trick or treating. Today is elder Wilson birthday and we decided to celebrate it by going to the new Sheels store. on the way there we saw a brand new 2014  corvette stingray. It was really nice. I have seen a few here in Montana. there were a lot in Greatfalls when I was up there. At Sheels, Elder Wilson was really interested in a knife for his birthday so we went and he got one. But he is going to send it home right away! there is a picture attached too


"McKade was transferred to Roundup when he returned to Shepard  apparently they wanted him up there, its north of Shepard but still in the vicinity of Billings MT." He has really liked it there this week and really felt that Roundup is where he is supposed to be right now 

It's really cold in Montana! We have enjoyed really hot fall weather in Utah but my APP I have keeping track of McKades wear abouts tells me the high for this week in Billings MT is 3 degrees with a low of -11 before the wind chill."

So we got the news yesterday for transfers. I am staying in roundup for another 5 weeks! Usually we  have a 6 week transfer but if that was supposed to happen we would be transfering on christmas eve.  but since we have the 5 week transfer, we have transfers on the 17th of December. 
                            

This week we have relied on the spirit alot, to be where the lord would have us be. It  was right before 9pm. When we were supposed to be inside. We wanted to go home but we wanted to be obedient so we asked the lord where he would have us tract. I offered a prayer and I felt that we should go down this certain street and we knocked on one house that stuck out to us and it was my turn to do the door approach. This lady answered the door and she expressed that she was having a hard time with life and she didnt know what her purpose in life was and so I testified to her and told her that the book of mormon would help her overcome her trials in life as long as she took the time to read it. I also gave her a plan of salvation pamplet that does explain our purpose in life. She accepted both the book of mormon and the pamplet. We asked if she would read through both of them and she said that she would by the next time that we go over. She  was really relived when we came and talked with her. I know that the spirit guides us as long as we let our hearts be open to it. 

also this week IT STARTED SNOWING! and its going to keep continuing to snow every day ALL 
DAY for the next week. it is just a really light snowfall but we already have about 2 inches in one day so far. 

Here in Roundup the city water has rust in the system. So it is really bad to drink. I didnt want to wash all of my white shirts in the washer with the water because it would turn the shirts yellow after a time. But to my suprise, if you dont want your shirts to yellow with rust or anything else. Then you wash your clothes like normal with soap and everything, but you add one can of coca-cola soda with the clothes and then your shirts will not turn yellow and oddly enough... YOUR WHITE SHIRTS WILL GET WHITER!!! its some ingredient in the soda that acts as a whitner. Its really weird but it works!!! 
WINTER IS HERE!!!!!!. My companion is from folsum California. More commonly known as the
prison town. I got transfered because the mission president felt that I should, and from being here for one week. I can definitly see why I was needed because I have contacted and taught alot of people here latley and I have felt the spirit alot. The spirit has guided me and my companion to people that have needed to feel the spirit and hear the gospel. 

Hopefully there is more to write about next week. I hope pe you all stay warm because its supposed 
to be roughly -11 this whole week here in roundup. Well thats all for this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment