Sunday, June 15, 2014

Service with a smile . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and a cattle prod

We got a call on Friday from the Branch President and he wanted us to speak in church that Sunday. I knew that as a missionary that  would probably happen, but he was nice enough to give us a few days notice instead of right when church is going to start. My talk was on changing our fears to faith when it comes to missionary work.
A lady came up to me  after church and said that I helped her to think about something that she had never thought about before and that I helped her to see the light.
Rodeo grounds service project
We don't have bikes in my new area, because everything is so spread out. Each week for district meeting we have to drive about an hour and a half. This past week we did a number of service activities. We mowed a lawn, planted a garden, and helped out at the rodeo grounds. Prior to the rodeo, we built a desktop in the announcer and scorers booth. During the rodeo, we helped the cattle get moved from the holding pens, into the chutes. I got my first experience using a cattle prod. There are rodeos here about every week, so we may be helping out with some of the other rodeos. I also ran into a fellow WLHS Alumni, Elder Linton. There are a few other people from my graduating class in this mission. I am sure I will run into them sometime in the future.


Elder Linton and I - Go Thunder!

No comments:

Post a Comment