Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Best week so far

Hello Family!

This week has been really crazy! There has been a lot going on, and ill just get into it right now. 

This week we were planning to go see this potential investigator and we looked his name up in the area book and his address was not there, but we new that we saw the address there a few days ago. So we looked back at the screenshots that we took on the ipad (so we new where he lived) and the picture had his address! So then we were at the point of if we should go see him because it was pretty late and it was about time to go home for the night. So we prayed about it, and after we prayed, I picked up a book of mormon and flipped to a random page and started reading. I read alma 26:27-30 which says, 

"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success. And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God. And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again. And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some." 

I really liked that scripture a lot because it perfectly describes what we were going through at that time . We were suffering some sort of afflictions by not having a lot of people to teach because there has been a lot of turnover but we have endured it with great patience. We were going to "turn back" and go home because it was late. But that the lord would give us success. It has been pretty chilly lately and we have been "relying on the mercies of the world" to let us inside because we didnt want to freeze in the cold. But we relied on god to keep us warm. that scripture basically told us that we should go and teach him. We havent been mocked lately, which is good!  But we believed that it was an answer to our prayer! It was probably one of the coolest experiences that I have had so far on the mission with the book of Mormon answering questions. 

We are also moving into another apartment this week. it has taken a while from moving all of the missionary stuff in the apartment but we are doing it slowly but surely! This is only going to be a temporary apartment until the one that we are going to live in is going to be finished. That will take about three weeks from now. Well that was my miracle of the week and the highlight of my mission so far. 

The same day of this miracle, we had interviews with president Mecham. the interview went really well and I did ask him why I have been transferred a whole bunch. He told me to tell my mom that I am a good missionary and to not worry so much. He said that I have been tranferred so much because he has felt that I have needed to be other places at certain times because there are people there that are ready for me and I just have to find them, and that I needed to be with the companions that I have had because I have needed to learn something from them, or that they needed to learn something from me. So i hope that answers your question. Nothing else really interesting that I feel I should bring up is necessary to write. But I hope I keep having experiences like that. 

till next week,
-Elder Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment