Thursday, October 22, 2015

FACIALS FOR THE ELDERS

Hello family! 

This week has been an interesting one. We didn't do much the first few days because I was packing up my stuff because I was getting transferred. I stopped by the J. family to go and say my farewell to J, who was the most recent convert that I have had. We talked for a while and then it was time for us to leave. But while everyone exited the room that we were in, J. started asking me some questions and we talked a lot about the temple and I told her that I was looking forward to the day that she is going to go through the temple and get sealed. It was a really good conversation that we had. After seeing J. We headed over to the G family, who was the other recent convert family that I had while I was here. When we walked into their home, there was a bunch of women having what looked like a Mary Kay party. It was kinda weird to walk into that. What they were really having was an arbon party.  I also saw sister B from the  ward there as well. It turns out that sister B and sister G are best friends. The next thing that happened I had to think about really hard. All of the women (especially sister G) wanted us to get what they called a "facial" which is a beauty treatment for the face. Me and elder Grizzle didn't really want to do it at first. But after talking about it for roughly 20 minutes, as well as sister G pushing us to do it, because it would make a great mission story. 😃
We came to the conclusion that we would do it because most of the women there were from Pinesdale and if they saw us do it. They might be more open to us and the gospel. (which is probably the dumbest reason for doing it) So long story short, we ended up doing it. After the G's, We went over to the C. famlies because I needed to get the rest of my suit pants. She was so kind enough to fix the hem in my pants that was coming undone. 

On the day of transfers; We drove down in the morning to Missoula, then got everything packed into the trucks and drove to Helena. By the time we had arrived in Helena, I had already been on the road for 3 hours. It took a while to get all of the luggage situated in the trailers of the transfer van. But I was handed keys to one of the cars that was going to great falls and I drove all the way there and all the way to Cut Bank. it was a very long day.

Cut Bank is a pretty cold. We haven't been doing much lately because there is not a lot of work here. There are not a lot of people in the teaching pool. This area is way different than Corvallis. 


Well my week was kinda boring. But it will get better as the weeks go on. 

ELDER DANIELS

No comments:

Post a Comment